The ingredients are croissant _ _ _
– 1 egg has been mixed with water
How to make Croissant
– Spread glossy paper on the table
– Put the butter in it, continue to wrap the butter with another glossy paper
– Flatten and roll the butter until the area is about 20x25cm
Wrap the butter in wax paper and place it in the fridge for a few minutes.
– Mix flour, sugar, salt, milk and yeast together. You can use a whisk to make the dough even smoother. Beat until a smooth dough is obtained.
– Cover a layer of dry flour on a bowl and pour the flour into it and then wrap it with a clean towel for about 1.5-2 hours, so remember the longer the dough, the better the cake.
- Roll the dough until it is smooth and thin
Remove the butter and place it in the center of the flour mixture.
– Roll the dough in with butter and then roll it flat, wrap this mixture in glossy paper and place in the refrigerator,
– After 25-30 minutes, take out the dough mixture and roll it out, then… put it back in the fridge to incubate for 30 minutes,
– Repeat this step one last time.
This step is a bit long but don't be discouraged because this is a very important step!
- Divide the dough into 2 parts.
– Apply a layer of dry powder on the rolling surface and continue rolling the dough
- Roll your hands until the dough is about 0.5 cm thick
Carefully cut the thin layer of dough into a long rectangle then divide the rectangles into triangles according to the size you want.
– Roll the triangle pieces of dough, bend the dough to shape a cow horn
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Celsius.
– Put the cake on the tray, use a brush to brush the beaten egg mixture on the surface of the cake
– Bake the cake for 15-18 minutes until the cake rises and has a nice golden brown color
Croissant cake is very suitable to use with butter, cheese, … there. Or you can also make variations with different fillings for the cake!